Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Freestyle thoughts before New York

It's been awhile dear blog, you thought I forgot about you. In actuality, the previous was a mere warm up. The adventure has taken many twists and turns since my last entry. In December, I went to vacation of sorts to Florida. I landed in Miami Beach, where I've stayed for nine months.

I had the opportunity to work with Fashion Wire Press for both Miami 2011 Mercedes Benz Swim Week and most recently New York Spring/Summer Fashion Week. My duties were to write show reviews for the online magazine/blog as well as edit runway photos, which later get sold to myriad of magazines and publishings around the world.

The morning before leaving to New York for the very first time, I wrote this:

"Aikido. Unifying life force. The art of redirecting attacking force. In this case as a malleable power, exchanged for positive momentum. In other words, when I feel attacked, or life starts to feel especially challenging especially during this New York mission... the goal is to use that energy to progressively propel positive momentum.

I sit on this beach, south point of Miami, leading my thoughts in yoga like movements, appreciating and recollecting the conditioning I've been experiencing to prepare me for this next leap. Hostel living, rock star serving, on the drive of Ocean...ducking and diving amongst the bittersweet chaos of every class citizen trying to forget where they came from, one night at a time.

The rain visits to wash the streets of its decadent sins, shortly after the heat has incubated the passionately reckless moment. Tomorrow I leap off the island to the big apple, hardly knowing where I'll rest my head or if I will at all because of the demands of a fashion world that performs its yearly circus. Fashion. I honestly lack the passion on this subject, but that's between you and I. Clothes are armor and gear for the daily adventure and battle that life presents. I see this next mission to NY fashion week as an internship and experience that will greater develop my writing, editing and photography skills... not to mention networking web. The greater goal remains, photojournalism of stories that impact lives with undeniable influence. Example, studies on food and our future society, animal behavior in comparison to human trends and what they might have to teach us. This fashion world gives me perspective and professional experience in a playground of sorts with many of the tools needed to touch these goals with the impact great enough to bust through. If I know how to reach the fashion world, on top of the environmentally conscious world that already reads these stories...change and difference can really be made. "

No comments: